Remember that glass cabinet I bought at Urban Ore?
Well, I finally finished restoring it. It had two broken panes of glass that needed to be replaced which was a breeze "/sarc". The replacement glass needed to be old wavy glass to match the existing panes, and getting those out from some old window panes was a total swear fest.
The glass in the cabinet was held in place primarily by these mullions, which I labeled when removing to prevent complete insanity when trying to put the thing back together.
It goes on easily with a putty knife and doesn't set for days.
In this instance, I used a shim to hold a very warped piece in place while I attached the mullions. Cut away the excess putty with a razor either when wet or when dry; it easily peels away.
Aside from replacing the glass, I did nothing to the piece other than cleaning it up with a little soap and water.
I didn't wax it because I like its very matte finish.
And I kept the green stripe on the front because I think it adds character.
Cast legs, although these are hollow.
For now I'm keeping it completely empty. Anything else (aside from bar glasses) feels too cliche to me right now. It does need a piece of art above it to fill out that space.
All in all I'm super satisfied by the way this turned out. Finally a finished project!