And we have lift-off, I'm mean, completion.
Welcome back to the final installment of the One Room Challenge linking party, the ORC Now, where any miscreants can repent their DIY sins and actually finish their projects. No more sneaky photoshop cropping and creative photo angles!
Last we left off, the rest of the shed was looking pretty rocking.
But the wood stove was looking pretty janky. In fact, it wasn't working. It didn't draw very well and smoked up the shed unless the door was closed. It needed some reengineering.
So here are the technical details: Ethan and I replaced the 4" chimney pipe for 5". We also changed the angle of the pipe bend from 90 degrees to 45 (hello ellipse calculator). Both of these things improved the draw of the stove significantly. And now I'm glad to say it is working perfectly.
You might also spy that I also added a radiator to the space under the desk. It's one of those oil radiators that are very safe and give off an even, low level heat. It is good for warming up the space for early morning business calls when building a fire isn't practical. It does suck energy like nobody's business though so we use it minimally.
You can see more photos of the shed here, as well as a link to all the weeks leading up to completion. I'd like to thank Linda again for hosting this link up and all the people who dropped in and left such nice comments. This project has been my most popular post to date and boy was it a blast. I look forward to seeing everyone back at it for the next ORC in April.