This is what I've been working on lately.Stripping the tub surround in my bathroom.
Major pain but worth the effort. I lined the actual tub with some recycled plastic bags I had saved.
It's teak and the finish was pretty worn. It's five years old so I expected as much. I take a lot of baths so this actually held up pretty well.
I used citristrip which worked really well. Only two coats were needed followed by a neutralizer wash and then sanding.
It was inevitable that the walls would get trashed in the process of stripping the surround, so after I finished the tub prep, I peeled off any loose paint and caulk and then spackled the walls. Two coats. Now they're ready to be primed and I won't risk damaging the new tub finish prepping the walls for painting.