Since it was a no-school day, Kit and I took a foggy walk in the Marin Headlands.
It's a four mile loop which runs by this WWII cannon on which Kit loves to climb and run.
When we got home, we made a dye tub for some linen that I'm dying for a pillow project. I fill two spaghetti pots and bring them to a boil on the stovetop -which is probably the equivalent of 5 gallons of water. Pour in the tub, add one cup of salt and a squirt of liquid detergent. I dissolve the dye in a pyrex full of hot water and then dump it into the bath.
If I'm not dying a lot of fabric at one time, I don't pre-wet the fabric.
This looks pretty dark. I left it in and stirred almost constantly for a half hour. After, I rinsed it with cold water in the bin for a couple cycles and then I washed it on hot with a temperature boost to fade it out a bit. It hasn't gone in the dryer yet so I can't yet report how it looks :)